[WikiEN-l] Jayjg: Abusing CheckUser for political ends?

jayjg jayjg99 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 00:34:44 UTC 2007

On 6/15/07, Newyorkbrad (Wikipedia) <newyorkbrad at gmail.com> wrote:

> No privacy violation is involved because mentioning that an individual
> edits
> through proxies does not reveal anything about the person's real-life
> identity or location nor even link the person with other Wikipedia
> accounts.

This is a point worth re-iterating.  I haven't revealed anything about
"CharlotteWebb". "CharlotteWebb" is a pseudonym, obviously based on the book
"Charlotte's Webb". I cannot reveal anything personal about the person who
is using the CharlotteWebb account because I don't know anything about them.
Nothing. I don't know their name, age, gender, location, height, weight,
shoe size, nationality, religion, native language, even their IP address. I
know *nothing* about them, and I cannot reveal what I do not know.