[WikiEN-l] [[Daniel Brandt]] is gone again

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 04:31:44 UTC 2007

On 6/14/07, Tony Sidaway <tonysidaway at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/15/07, George Herbert <george.herbert at gmail.com> wrote:
> > So...
> >
> > What was the logic on the "Courtesy blanking" of the AFD???
>
> You're joking, surely.  We should probably courtesy-blank all AfDs of
> living people, successful or not.  These are real people.  This stuff
> hurts.

We've never done it before, and I don't think anyone's tried to make
a coherent case for why we should do so on BLP incident AFDs.

If you are serious, you need to make a good argument why, not just a
couple of throwaway lines.  That we had an article once will be
archived in places; unless you're arguing to blank and delete history,
then the history is available if someone wants to go looking for it.
The degree of protection delivered by such a courtesy blanking seems
rather meager, and it's definitely against all other standard archive
policy...

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com