[WikiEN-l] We're growing up (was [[Daniel Brandt]] is gone again)

Todd Allen toddmallen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 00:43:25 UTC 2007

Slim Virgin wrote:
> On 6/14/07, Gwern Branwen <gwern0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> It is in youth our great works are accomplished.
>
> If you're a mathematician or an athlete, yes. Otherwise not as a rule,
> especially not with writing.

While you bring up athletes...

We currently have a -lot- of permastubs on athletes, especially those
who played professionally but may not have ever started for anyone. As a
rule, these articles tend to be very lightly watched (if at all), and I
would imagine vandalism to one could stay for quite some time.

What would anyone think of merging such things into, say, "List of
players on the 1999 San Francisco 49ers"? Obviously, we would still have
separate articles on Joe Montana and Jerry Rice, but we could then put
the third-stringers and such into a place where it would be more
watched, less prone to vandalism, and not presented as a full biography
of the person.

Thoughts?