[WikiEN-l] [[Daniel Brandt]] is gone again

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Thu Jun 14 23:06:12 UTC 2007

Tony Sidaway wrote:
> Slim Virgin could put it better, but here I think she's spot on.  The
> main motivation for retaining the article for all this time seems to
> me to have been spite.

Actually, I haven't been too closely involved in previous deletion
debates but my main motivation right now is that it's nonsensical to
split up a biography and spread it out over four different articles,
then redirect to just one of them. Someone looking for information about
 Daniel Brandt will wind up getting information about NameBase, as if
that were all there was to him, with the rest of the stuff hidden away
in non-obvious places. Normally a disambiguation page would be used when
splitting up an article but that doesn't really make sense here either.

What would really be handy is a short summary of the man's involvement
in each of these organizations. Something akin to a biography.