[WikiEN-l] [name of rouge adnim here]

Mark Gallagher m.g.gallagher at student.canberra.edu.au
Thu Jun 14 13:31:23 UTC 2007

G'day Kurt,

> On Saturday 02 June 2007 11:47, Brock Weller wrote:
[BJAODN]
>> The problem is these are massive GFDL violations.
>
> Except they're not, as has been explained several times already on this list.
>
> The "GFDL violation" thingy was just a crock he invented so he could put forth
> a justification of what was really a blatant power-trip.

You already know this, so I'm really pointing it out for the benefit of
other readers who may not fully understand the true horror that is
Wikipedia.

The vast majority of admins, with the obvious exception of The Cunctator
and MarkGallagher, both of whom are good chaps, do very little but plot
and scheme for ways to abuse their power.  In fact, just the other day I
overheard Stephen Bain plotting on IRC to make article creation banned
for all users who aren't Bureaucrats, just because he thought he could
get away with it.  John Lee asked him not to, because the increased
scrutiny it would bring would interfere with his plan to force all
en-wiki editors to switch to Malaysian English.  This was just minutes
after David Gerard murdered Jimbo Wales' appointed successor with an
icepick.

And does anyone remember SlimVirgin's dastardly plan to hand the keys to
Wikipedia over to the animal rights lobby?

With all this skulduggery, it's a wonder admins get any time to actually
work on the encyclopaedia.  Oh, wait ... isn't that a common complaint,
that admins never get time to edit?  I ... I see it all so clearly ...
and now ... I think my life may be in danger.

By the time you read this, I may well be dead.  If my bloated corpse
turns up in the Molongolo River, somebody please block Jeff Raymond for
me for no good reason.  And for heaven's sake, Kurt, get yourself to a
place of safety.  You could be next!

Cheers,

--
Mark Gallagher
"'Yes, sir,' said Jeeves in a low, cold voice, as if he had been bitten