[WikiEN-l] [[Daniel Brandt]] is gone again

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Thu Jun 14 11:58:21 UTC 2007

On 14 Jun 2007 at 00:19:49 -0600, Bryan Derksen
<bryan.derksen at shaw.ca> wrote:

> Meanwhile there's now discussion on talk:Daniel Brandt about deleting
> the article's history once the merge is complete, and when I pointed out
> that this would violate the GFDL I got a response from Slim Virgin that
> "This is no time to worry about the GFDL."

Funny... GFDL rules (and Wikipedians' interpretations of them) seemed
to trump everything else, in some people's assessment, where WP:BJODN
was concerned.  It's interesting how policies, even ones based on
real-world concerns like copyright law, are not considered important
in themselves, but only as bludgeons to enforce whatever the enforcer
wishes to happen for other reasons; when a particular policy is
harmful rather than helpful to one's agenda, it's quickly discarded.

--
== Dan ==