[WikiEN-l] [[Daniel Brandt]] is gone again

Matthew Brown morven at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 06:58:51 UTC 2007

On 6/13/07, Slim Virgin <slimvirgin at gmail.com> wrote:
> No matter the merits of the article, the process he's been put through
> is totally unacceptable by any standard. We've shown we can't be
> trusted with a Brandt bio, and we should delete it for that reason
> alone, no matter how notable any of us thinks he is.

Despite the bickering, throughout most of that period the article has
actually been pretty good from what I've seen; occasionally a little
too obsessed with small if verifiable detail, but sourced to a pretty
high quality most of the time.

I feel no pity for a immoral self-publicist like Brandt, who's loved
the attention from the beginning.  I'm in favor of the article being
deleted simply because deleting it and not talking about him any more
is what he'll hate the worst.  If that's possible; I'm not sure a
deletion will stick, personally, nor stop the squabble - at best it'll
move it to other pages.

-Matt