[WikiEN-l] CSD A7, hilarity ensues

MacGyverMagic/Mgm macgyvermagic at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 17:50:35 UTC 2007

On 6/11/07, Jeff Raymond <jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com> wrote:

> On Mon, June 11, 2007 7:39 am, Anthony wrote:
>
> > I think that's a fair explanation, although it does leave a lot of
> > room for interpretation.  "Upekha Ashantha Fernando is a Sri Lankan
> > cricketer who plays for Sinhalese Sports Club."?

Is the team a national one or just a local amateur club? If it's the first,
it should be an article and in that case you don't need interpretation to
figure out if there are sources to prove whether someone in that should be
included.

 "Bill Gill
> > Elementary School is an elementary school in Tampa, Florida"?

Schools are contentious issues. If that sentence is all there is in the
article, you can speedy it under lack of content before even thinking about
notability. In other cases, you can run it past the Schools WikiProject to
see if they can dig up something that makes the school worth writing about.
(I find [[WP:BEEFSTEW]] useful in this regard).

> "Westwood Football Club, formed in 2004 by a group of Bangladeshi
> > football fans on the streets of Oldham have been recognised for their
> > work with youths, preventing and combating anti-social behaviour"?

Are they covered in the national media? Are they covered by international
media. Have they been on local tv. How have they been recognized (any
awards). If this is to be deleted, it's an AFD issue, not speedy.

> "Suzanne Westwood was a soldier who was killed in Iraq"?

CSD lack of content/context unless anything else can be said. A lot soldiers
die (too many) but an article on a soldier killed in Iraq stands or falls
with teh amount of meat it has.

If you have to do any interpreting, why are you speedying it in the first