[WikiEN-l] I'm disappointed in Wikipedia.

Brian Salter-Duke b_duke at bigpond.net.au
Mon Jun 11 12:27:17 UTC 2007

On Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 12:12:30PM +0100, Guy Chapman aka JzG wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 03:50:14 -0400, "David Goodman"
> <dgoodmanny at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Today's example is the Vice Chancellor of the  University of
> >Southampton, Bill Wakeham. Minimal article, but it did say he was V-C.
> >Prodded--by someone from the UK. Maybe it will be on AfD tomorrow. DGG
>
> Being V-C does not mean that non-trivial independent sources
> necessarily exist.
>
> /me checks for [[Gordon Higginson]], who was V-C when I was at Soton.
> Nope.  Professor Sir Gordon Higginson, DL, FREng, lacks an article. Ho
> hum.

He probably should have one. By any guideline I can think of, WP
covers scientists and academics poorly. We do not have articles on all
Fellows of the Royal Society, or all Fellows of the Australian Academy
of Sciences. Just check out these memberships that clearly are notable
and we are missing a whole lot of people. There is work to be done. I
doubt that any VC does not have non-trivial independent sources. Most
would have them before they become VCs. There is a serious misbalance in
WP biographies.

Brian.