[WikiEN-l] I'm disappointed in Wikipedia.

The Mangoe the.mangoe at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 13:37:32 UTC 2007

On 6/10/07, Matthew Brown <morven at gmail.com> wrote:

> Interesting thought there;  perhaps it would be much better if we had
> standards for minimum article quality but made efforts to help
> articles pass them, rather than trying to fail them.

I'm sorry, but I think just the opposite. If you cannot put in at
least one sentence which gives a reason why the article should be
included, you shouldn't put it in and expect someone else to dig up
that reason for you. That seems to be the primary reason we have to
have an AfD process: too many people write articles on stuff that they
think is self-evidently notable. Since it isn't, it gets put through
AfD to force someone to put up a real reason. I don't think there's
anything wrong with this, other than people write this kind of article
in the first place instead of providing the notability themselves.