[WikiEN-l] I'm disappointed in Wikipedia.

The Mangoe the.mangoe at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 12:50:11 UTC 2007

On 6/10/07, David Goodman <dgoodmanny at gmail.com> wrote:
> Today's example is the Vice Chancellor of the  University of
> Southampton, Bill Wakeham. Minimal article, but it did say he was V-C.
> Prodded--by someone from the UK. Maybe it will be on AfD tomorrow. DGG

Well, a look at the similar position for University of Maryland
College Park shows that the only  substantial articles are on a Civil
War general and on Mote, who not surprisingly is the incumbent. There
is a common assumption that anyone in a titled position is therefore
notable, but the truth is that most of these people are, historically,
names on a list.