[WikiEN-l] Aneurysm

the wub thewub.wiki at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 10 11:43:24 UTC 2007

Some users license their contributions by placing a statement on their
user page. However they still have to release them under the GFDL
also, see [[Wikipedia:Multi-licensing]]. For example I release my
edits into the public domain: [[User:The wub#Licensing]]. I'd say that
such a positive statement counts as a release, however a
misunderstanding of our copyright when submitting an edit probably
wouldn't.

On 10/06/07, michael west <michawest at gmail.com> wrote:
> In images you can add a statement like that in the lisense but not in
> normal wikipedia. If an editor beleived that once his edit was on the
> wiki server it was no longer his (copyright) but part of the world
> and beleived that he had reliniqushed all rights would that class as a
> release? Although essentially he misunderstood his rights, does this
> kind of tort have any validity in US law?
>
> > No. I release would be someone writeing something along the lines of
> > "I release you from the requirement to credit me for this work"
> >
> > Of course such a stamtent may not have legal force in all countries.
> >

> > --
> > geni

the wub