[WikiEN-l] Aneurysm

John Lee johnleemk at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 10:04:31 UTC 2007

On 6/10/07, michael west <michawest at gmail.com> wrote:

> GNU lisense simply states that we should credit Wikipedia. It would be
> impossible to quote every single editor.

No, it doesn't. It doesn't say anything about Wikipedia at all, nor does it
say that publishers can take credit in lieu of authors/creators.

The  History tab is surely there as a tool against vandalism ON
> EXISTING articles. As most editors are anonymous, it is just foolish
> to suggest that every editor be credited. Nobody is saying that the
> article existed somewhere else or that many editors contributed to it.
> They use those article in the sense that "this was on wikipedia" but
> no longer. The GNU lisense covers that.

Unfortunately that is incorrect, since we are legally required by the GFDL
to credit all authors. Have you actually read the GFDL and the relevant
pages in the Wikipedia namespace?

Johnleemk