[WikiEN-l] Youngest editor?

Dick Clark crotalus at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 16:45:49 UTC 2007

Practice civility, please.

With regards to the issue, I believe the point was that Wikipedia's mission
does not include "protecting kids." That isn't to say that individual
Wikipedia editors don't think it is noble to protect kids. The point is that
this sort of consideration is not properly used in discussions about
Wikipedia policies and guidelines. Wikipedia is not censored, but that
doesn't mean that Wikipedia couldn't embed tags in articles with explicit
content to allow third-party filters to recognize it as such.

We at Wikipedia are not to be censors, but it isn't against Wikipedia policy
to facilitate or allow content control by third parties for their own user
base. Hence, with regards to parents, we can expect that they would want to
keep their children from viewing, say, the contents of
[[Cunnilingus<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cunnilingus>]],
but this doesn't mean that the content ought not be included for fear that
children will circumvent their parents' restrictions.

DickClarkMises