[WikiEN-l] Well, I guess WIKITRUTH *is* an 'attack site' after all...

jayjg jayjg99 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 13:05:41 UTC 2007

On 6/8/07, Daniel R. Tobias <dan at tobias.name> wrote:
> It seems that MONGO, the self-appointed judge, jury, and executioner
> on the subject of attack sites, has reversed himself from yesterday
> and now considers WikiTruth to be an attack site (although the
> article on it was speedy-kept when nominated for deletion yesterday
> by an apparent single-purpose troll account).  He's now going through
> the site in a rampage suppressing WikiTruth links from various and
> sundry user, talk, and archive pages, an activity that's always good
> for getting support for getting rid of the silly attack-site-link
> ban, not to mention attracting more attention to the attack sites
> themselves in the process.
>
> --
> == Dan ==

How odd. A userid was created yesterday which nominated the Wikitruth
article for deletion, based on BADSITES, and a bunch of
none-too-convincing arguments. It's about the most obvious example of
a straw man nomination I've seen in a while; I hope I am not accused
of trying to revise history by saying that.

As for drawing attention to the site, it's pretty clear that both the
nomination, and in particular your advertising the site on this list,
will have far more of an effect in this regard. Was that your intent?