[WikiEN-l] Bus Uncle is a FA?

Tony Sidaway tonysidaway at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 01:31:51 UTC 2007

On 6/8/07, Matthew Brown <morven at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/7/07, K P <kpbotany at gmail.com> wrote:
> > FAC is a time-consuming process, and it requires a lot of concentrated
> > work on the part of various editors.  Things slip through that
> > shouldn't.  This obviously shouldn't have.  Also, FAR is a
> > time-consuming process.  Maybe acting unilaterally and just removing
> > it was a good thing.
>
> I don't think it's that it accidentally slipped through; rather, it
> slipped through because FAC explicitly does not make value judgments
> on the suitability of a subject.  Non-actionable objections may be
> ignored, after all, and 'Get a better subject matter' is not
> actionable.

I'm sure a lot of our featured articles are very, very good, and some
of them must be about as good as we can get.  But yes, perhaps we
should stop saying "eatured articles are considered to be the best
articles in Wikipedia, as determined by Wikipedia's editors".  I don't
often actually need to look at featured articles, because most
articles aren't featured. However this is the second time I've had to
remove an article from the list because it was so far from good that
it was an embarrassment to Wikipedia.   The last one was eighteen
months ago, I think.