[WikiEN-l] BJAODN restored again

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Thu Jun 7 22:48:51 UTC 2007

> On 6/7/07, The Cunctator <cunctator at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I would love it if those who profess to care about pure GFDL
> > compliance would do something about restoring the lost edit histories
> > in the 2001-2002 period of a large number of entries.
>
> Eh they should all have picked up 5 more principle authors by now.

The GFDL requires you to credit *all* authors, not just 5.  5 have to be on
the title page (where Wikipedia currently has none).  They all have to be in
the section entitled History.

There are lots of places where Wikipedia is *materially* non-compliant with
the GFDL.  Crediting of users who have made no attempt to identify
themselves is not, IMHO, one of them.