[WikiEN-l] Bus Uncle

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Thu Jun 7 17:56:51 UTC 2007

David Goodman wrote:

>I abrogate the right to eliminate things from the wiki on my own
>say-so if i know that others support them. I explicitly
>disenfranchised myself from doing this as an admin during my
>almost-unanimous Rfa.
>
>It is only by limiting myself to what I know beyond a doubt is
>unsupportable that I consider myself fit for the responsibility of
>taking unilateral action when it is actually needed.

Perhaps another term for this is "self-control".  There will always be
pages that can be eliminated by unilateral action, as in common
vandalism.  We also need to make allowance for erroneous decisions.  The
real problem there is not in the deletion itself, but when the deleter
persists in protecting his decision in the face of significant objections.

Ec