[WikiEN-l] A narrower concept of boldness

Tony Sidaway tonysidaway at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 07:17:09 UTC 2007

> Be bold has always been about articles right back to the first edits
> in the recorded history.

That simply isn't true.  You cited the earliest version on the talk
page and even that referred to "be bold in updating pages".  There is
a lot of sense to saying "be bold, but don't be reckless" and then
explaining how important it is to get template edits right.

Ironically the only effect of this artificial distinction  is that old
timers like us will buzz around just editing policy pages, templates,
process pages and whatnot whenever we see something that needs to be
fixed, and the poor newbies will be left sitting around scratching
their heads and wondering why we're allowed to get away with it.
Spreading that kind of ignorance really wouldn't be good for
Wikipedia.