[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia as moral tool?

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Thu Jun 7 01:24:51 UTC 2007

On 6 Jun 2007 at 08:19:46 -0700, "Joe Szilagyi" <szilagyi at gmail.com>
wrote:

> with the highest number of users? If something is blatantly illegal, say, in
> Turkey or the United Kingdom, but not in the United States, what happens?

Apparently the letter "W" is illegal in Turkey:
http://itre.cis.upenn.edu/~myl/languagelog/archives/002584.html

We're violating that law with our very name!  (Granted, the Turkish
Wikipedia is called "Vikipedi", but it's still within the
wikipedia.org domain, and the English and other-language Wikipedias
with the offending "W" in them are all accessible there as far as I
know.)

--
== Dan ==