[WikiEN-l] Bus Uncle

Tony Sidaway tonysidaway at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 23:51:18 UTC 2007

On 6/6/07, Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org> wrote:
> On 6/6/07, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > No, he made a unilateral decision. He just happened to inform the
> > mailing list afterwards, he didn't do so in order to get a review of
> > his decision.
>

> He made an edit.  And I don't know why he informed the mailing list, but it
> certainly shows that he wasn't trying to be sneaky or hide anything.  Surely
> he informed the mailing list knowing full well that if the community
> disagrees with his edit they will reverse it.

This very odd debate about whether I have the right to remove an item
from a list on the wiki strikes me as a sideshow. The fact that ti's
happening at all suggests to me that there are a lot of editors who
have deliberately and knowingly disenfranchised themselves by
abrogating the right to edit the wiki, and expect others to follow
the.

Anthony is right, of course. I removed an item from the list, and
posted on the talk page of the article, and on this mailing list,
signalling my alarm that the item, in its present state, had been on
the list in the first place.

This is how things are supposed to happen. It's why we call it a wiki.
 It's said to be a Hawaian word meaning "quick".