[WikiEN-l] Deletionism fails to serve the readers

Eugene van der Pijll eugene at vanderpijll.nl
Wed Jun 6 22:20:40 UTC 2007

Gwern Branwen schreef:
> On  0, K P <kpbotany at gmail.com> scribbled:
> > Could it
> > have been left alone after the copy vios were deleted if you simply
> > didn't know enough about the topic?
>
> 3) As a blank page or sub-stub at best, I guess. Doesn't sound appealing.

Blank pages are easier to edit for new contributors, who might be
knowledgeable about the subject, but not about wiki-formatting, than
redirects. If you suspected that the person might be notable, but that
the article was a copy-vio, a blank page would probably have been better.

(On the other hand: since anonymous page creation was switched off,
perhaps substubs are even more desirable.)

If the copyvio did not suggest that it would be desirable to have a page
on the subject, redirects are of course fine.

Eugene