[WikiEN-l] BJAODN restored again

The Cunctator cunctator at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 16:15:26 UTC 2007

Of course, section 4 (Modifications) only applies to modified versions of
the Document. We interpret it that its conditions apply to the original
Document as well, but such requirements are not actually required by the
GFDL.

In other words, "if we continue to publish text even after deleting the
edits through which it originated" the text being used is in violation of
Wikipedia policies, not necessarily the GFDL.

Most of the time each individual page is considered a distinct Document
under the terms of the GFDL, in which case copying text from one page to
another without indicating authorship history somehow would be a violation
of the GFDL.

However, in other cases the entire Wikipedia database is considered a single
Document for the purposes of the GFDL, in which case there's no violation.

The interpretation of the Title Page is naturally pretty flexible.

We would be better off if we added "I agree to be credited as 'a Wikipedia
contributor' (or collectively as 'various Wikipedia contributors') where
authorship must be credited under the terms of the GFDL" to the submission
statement. At least for non-logged-in contributions. Save us a lot of grief.