[WikiEN-l] Bus Uncle

John Lee johnleemk at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 15:54:05 UTC 2007

> On 6/6/07, Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org> wrote:
> > Oh c'mon, removing the featured article status of a single article is
> > "reckless"?  It's a simple change that anyone who disagrees with can
> easily
> > revert.  It's not at all reckless.
>
> It's also pointless. If you really think that an article should lose
> its FA status then you take it to
> [[Wikipedia:Featured_article_review#Featured_article_removal_candidates]]
> which will also give you a chance to explain in detail what you think
> is broken which will allow others to fix it should they wish to do so.

Actually, if quick removal was really necessary, one could always have just
asked Raul. I don't know about things today, but I know there was a time a
few years ago when Raul unilaterally removed obviously non-FA standard
articles from [[WP:FA]].

If really absolutely necessary even, Tony could have removed it himself and
posted to Raul's talk explaining the situation, and that if Raul disagreed,
he could revert and put it on FAR.

At least, that's how I would have done it. Extreme immediatism, especially
when unilateral without even recourse to an authority (perception is
everything; at the very least, it reduces the uproar generated, which saves
everyone's time, effort and nerves) is generally not a good idea; I doubt
significant damage would have been done to anyone if the article remained
listed on FA for a day or even a week more.

As for the FA process, I agree that it's quite borked right now, but that's
an issue for another day.

Johnleemk