[WikiEN-l] Bus Uncle

Jeff Raymond jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
Wed Jun 6 14:08:51 UTC 2007

Joe Szilagyi wrote:

> I never messed around much with FA during my time. Who on earth made that
> dumb decision to give him (or anyone) alone such power? And why on Earth
> hasn't it be undone in the name of common sense?

Mainly because he does a good job of it and very few people see a need
to complain.  I don't necessarily see a reason to rock the boat, being
involved with the FA process, but it is one of those Wikipedia oddities,
for sure.

I mean, at the end of the day, it is a meta process.  It has the benefit
of making a core group of excellent articles, but the designation is
simply a designation, which is probably why it's not as big a deal as
other processes.

Let me put it another way, though - he's kept up with it for as long as
I can remember, and doesn't give the impression of being burned out.
There's nothing saying that anyone else wouldn't act the same way, but
there's no reason to risk burnout with someone else at this stage, either.

-Jeff

--
Name: Jeff Raymond
E-mail: jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
WWW: http://www.internationalhouseofbacon.com
IM: badlydrawnjeff
Quote: "I was always a fan of Lisa Loeb, particularly
	because you kind of get the impression she
	sang every song either about or to her cats.
	They seem to be the driving force in most of
	her creative process."     - Chuck Klosterman