[WikiEN-l] BJAODN restored again

SJ 2.718281828 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 10:30:30 UTC 2007

On 6/5/07, Bryan Derksen <bryan.derksen at shaw.ca> wrote:
> Ray Saintonge wrote:
> > Brock Weller wrote:
> >
> >> SJ just got all them back up, with the notation to avoid wheel-warring,
> >> which leads me to think he's not aware of what went one already with the
> >> pages... *sigh* Seriously, why does anyone care this much one way or the
> >> other about these?
> >>
> > Your participation in the debate shows that you care this much in your
> > own way.  Perhaps you might begin by quietly asking yourself that question.
> >
> > Thank you, SJ?
>
> No question mark for me, thank you SJ.

You're welcome.  Where would we be without BAD JON?

> BTW, I found a couple of other subpages that hadn't been restored that
> had been speedied as "G1 Patent Nonsense" by User:^demon on May 31, a
> reason which indicates a _complete_ missing of the point of BJAODN. Some
> of them were even individual articles that had been page-moved into
> BJAODN, which meant that the GFDL was completely happy in those cases.

This highlights that our speedy deletion process is being heavily
overused, by people with more zeal than strength at facilitation, with
little consideration given to the efforts of others.  We should
ideally have a culture in which it is impossible for anyone to delete
thousands or edits by others without discussion... and in which speedy
deletion is a last resort, not something one spends an afternoon doing
as quickly as possible.

The worst is when afterwards non-admins are told (as Ivanknight69 was
told http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia_talk:Bad_Jokes_and_Other_Deleted_Nonsense&diff=135102810&oldid=135098180)
that speedied material can't be undeleted for any reason.

++SJ