[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia as moral tool?

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Wed Jun 6 01:31:15 UTC 2007

On 6 Jun 2007 at 00:32:41 +0000, "Fred Bauder"
<fredbaud at waterwiki.info> wrote:

> We follow a reasonable standard that we arrive at though the same
> process we arrive at any policy, discussion leading to consensus.

Except for the BADSITES linking policy, which was "arrived at" by
lots of yelling and general bluster, pursued with a pit bull's
ferocity and tenacity, backed up by a bad ArbCom decision despite
ArbCom not making policy or precedent by its own admission, and
further "justified" by its proponents as "representing consensus
because it's what we do", where the "we" in this sentence means the
handful of partisans who intimidate into silence anybody who attempts
to revert their removal of "bad" links by threatening to block them.

--
== Dan ==