[WikiEN-l] Bus Uncle

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Wed Jun 6 01:27:41 UTC 2007

Tony Sidaway wrote:
>>> Fuck process.  There are reasons for saying this.
>> Not really
>>
>> And even if you do want to step outside process it is import to first
>> understand why the process is there.
>
> No process is required to make a bold edit.  That's what the edit button is for.

I'm not a fan of the overly legalistic and rigid interpretation of
policy that often seems to occur, but come on. Just because you can
doesn't mean you should. If an admin had responded to your edit by
blocking you for vandalism, would you think he was also simply being
bold and consider that reasonable? It's what the "block user" button is
for, after all.