[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia as moral tool?

Sean Barrett sean at epoptic.com
Tue Jun 5 13:51:04 UTC 2007

Marc Riddell stated for the record:
> on 6/5/07 9:19 AM, William Pietri at william at scissor.com wrote:
>
>> That's not to say that we shouldn't suppress facts for moral purposes.
>> There are good arguments for it.
>
> This is where you lost me, William. What do you mean?
>
> Marc Riddell

I would assume that he is referring to how we handle BLP-style facts.
Consider the home address and school attended by, say twelve-year-old TV
actors [[Sullivan and Sawyer Sweeten]].  We have collectively agreed
that those facts should be suppressed, even if we could reliably verify
them.

--
 Sean Barrett     | She got her good looks from her father.
 sean at epoptic.com | He's a plastic surgeon. --Groucho Marx