[WikiEN-l] Aneurysm

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Tue Jun 5 08:04:21 UTC 2007

Tony Sidaway wrote:

>On 6/4/07, The Cunctator <cunctator at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>On 6/4/07, Tony Sidaway <tonysidaway at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>>What encyclopedic end would be achieved by someone trawling through
>>>this mix of discarded rubbish in a belated attempt to make it
>>>licence-compliant?  Why should anyone make the effort? Let it go.
>>>

>>Clearly BJAODN is not part of the main namespace.
>>Clearly it is an important part of Wikipedia's history and its ongoing
>>development.
>>

>It's not important.  It was just a dumb idea that might have appeared
>sensible one Friday evening after the pubs closed, back when there
>were only a few hundred Wikipedia editors.  Let it go.

Perhaps it was a dumb idea.  I rarely look at it myself, but I would not
go so far as criticizing others for doing so. I do not feel bothered by
the idea that others might like different things than I, or consider
different things valuable.  I was here when there were only "a few
hundred" editors, and recognize these pages as a part of our heritage.

Ec