[WikiEN-l] Aneurysm

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Tue Jun 5 05:59:44 UTC 2007

Tony Sidaway wrote:
> On 6/5/07, Charli Li <chengli1 at verizon.net> wrote:
>> Tony Sidaway's mail client expels the following stream of bytes on
>> 6/4/2007 9:06 PM:
>>> Four letters: G F D L
>>>

>> Umm...the G F D L is so that everyone can see and edit it, regardless
>> if one person likes it or not.  If *you* don't like it, just ignore it.
>
> Read the licence.

I think even many of the "keep it" supporters are willing to admit that
BJAODN's compliance with the GFDL could be better. I'm one of them.
However, the point that's being raised over and over that you appear to
be ignoring is that the GFDL compliance of BJAODN can be _fixed_,
improved to arbitrarily good standards, and that there are editors who
are ready and willing to put in the time to do that.

Sure, you personally don't see any worth in the article and don't want
to waste any time on it. That's fine, you don't have to. The problem
arises when you decide to project that value judgment onto everyone else
and force them not to "waste their time" on it either. Please stop doing
that. Editors are all volunteers, they'll spend their time as they see
fit and aren't going to magically change their interests if they're
blocked from pursuing them.