[WikiEN-l] Aneurysm

Michael Snow wikipedia at att.net
Tue Jun 5 04:46:48 UTC 2007

William Pietri wrote:
> BJAODN is a great example of people taking something annoying and
> making it fun.
This is one of the better justifications for it, and one that's pretty
directly relevant to the state of the encyclopedia. I know the
suggestion has been made that the existence of a trophy wall only
encourages the vandals. But it also encourages the vandal-fighters, by
giving them an outlet and additional motivation to spend time doing
their grunt work in the trenches. Arguably our articles overall are
better off for its existence.

--Michael Snow