[WikiEN-l] Seriously, on BJAODN

Tony Sidaway tonysidaway at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 02:59:56 UTC 2007

On 6/3/07, Daniel R. Tobias <dan at tobias.name> wrote:
> On 3 Jun 2007 at 01:26:28 +0100, "Tony Sidaway"
> <tonysidaway at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Let's just get this straight: does anybody claim that these pages are
> > necessary to the encyclopedia?
>
> That seems to be the line of argument that people like to use these
> days every time they're out to suppress something (userboxes, "attack
> site" links, Esperanza, BJAODN, etc.), and can't come up with a good
> substantive argument about why it needs to be eliminated regardless
> of what anybody else thinks about it.

Well I'm not about to engage in an argument with a proponent of
moribund institutions, but I definitely don't want the encyclopedia to
be filled with crap that would be fodder for those who would wish to
disregard our site license.  This is crap, it's boriing, stupid crap,
it was specifically chosen because it was stupid crap, and moreover
the very act of retaining it gives the false impression that our site
license can be ignored by people who are stupid enough not to care
about it.