[WikiEN-l] Jeffery O. Gustafson

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sat Jun 2 18:29:11 UTC 2007

Jeffrey O. Gustafson wrote:

> Someone wrote:
>
>> Not only has he gone around vandalising BJAODN, he's also been
>> deleting comments off talk pages, which is utterly reprehensible.
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia_talk:Bad_Jokes_and_Other_Deleted_Nonsense&diff=135102810&oldid=135098180
>>

>> Can we reel in this rogue admin now, before he does any more damage?
>
> Firstly, its spelled "rouge."  Secondly, my first name is "Jeffrey."

That's funny; "Rogue" is the normal spelling; I think that "rouge" is a
kind of BJAODN spelling, but clearly you wouldn't understand that.

I don't know what your complaint about your name is, since it wasn't in
the quoted part of the message.

> To the point of your hyperbolic complaint, please see
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WP:EL#Restrictions_on_linking ... "Sites
> that violate the copyrights of others per contributors' rights and
> obligations should not be linked."

And what makes you an authority on what is and is not a copyright
violation?  It is even more difficult to determine whether there is a
violation on an other site.  An ignorant parrotting of policy is not an
answer.

Ec