[WikiEN-l] Seriously, on BJAODN

The Cunctator cunctator at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 18:25:00 UTC 2007

> On 6/2/07, The Cunctator <cunctator at gmail.com> wrote:
> > He didn't enforce our copyright policies. He made a massive,
> > unilateral deletion of content and CLAIMED he was enforcing our
> > copyright policies.
>
> No he was enforcing them to the letter.

In your opinion. In mine and several others, he was going rogue. He
clearly recognized this would be controversial, but seemed to forget
WHEN IN DOUBT, DON'T DELETE.

> > If you shoot someone and then claim self-defense it doesn't make your
> > claim necessarily true.
> >
> > The claim of copyright enforcement here as a justification for the
> > mass deletion of BJAODN content is laughable.
> >
> > Moreover, it's a terrible precedent to set.
> >
> We've deleted over 100K images under the same set of policies. I think
> any precedents are likely to have already been set.

I'm not talking about the act of deletion per se, but the act of doing
so unilaterally without any process.

> > Even with the reasonable though highly disruptive project of clearing
> > out badly sourced images there was a real effort to put lots of
> > safeguards on the deletion project.
>
> Not exactly. A8 then G12 always allowed for instant deletion in the
> case of copyvios.
>
> > This was done unilaterally and he is wheel warring against restoration.
>
> Speedies normaly are unilateral and current arbcom precedent is that
> undeleteing even out of policy deletions is not allowed.

Which is absurd. And the fact that we're applying main namespace
concepts to BJAODN is absurd.