[WikiEN-l] [name of rouge adnim here]

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Sat Jun 2 17:20:39 UTC 2007

geni wrote:
> On 6/2/07, The Cunctator <cunctator at gmail.com> wrote:
>> test == text?
>>

> yes.
>
>> C'mon. You can look through the article histories to see who made the
>> submission in the original article.
>
> Not where there is no link back or the article has been deleted.

This doesn't account for all of them, a lot of editors have expressed
willingness to go through the archives and remove those that can't be
attributed. But they need to be undeleted in order for this to be done.

>> This is perhaps the best example of copyright paranoia I've ever seen.
>
> Not paranoia. The GFDL has certian requirements. We should meet them.

Perhaps, but wouldn't it be better to focus one's efforts on Wikipedia's
more important failings regarding the GFDL? I've occasionally spent a
bit of time going through old AfDs and undeleting articles that got
merged or redirected, for example. Far more important than a joke page
that most mirrors don't actually copy.