[WikiEN-l] Seriously, on BJAODN

The Cunctator cunctator at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 17:14:03 UTC 2007

> On 6/2/07, The Cunctator <cunctator at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Jeffrey O Gufstason's unilateral action to delete nearly all of
> > WP:BJAODN was an extreme act of admin abuse. I find it bizarre that he
> > is not being sanctioned.
>
> For inforceing our copyright policies? Arbcom isn't stupid enough to
> take actions against admins doing that.

He didn't enforce our copyright policies. He made a massive,
unilateral deletion of content and CLAIMED he was enforcing our
copyright policies.

If you shoot someone and then claim self-defense it doesn't make your
claim necessarily true.

The claim of copyright enforcement here as a justification for the
mass deletion of BJAODN content is laughable.

Moreover, it's a terrible precedent to set.

Even with the reasonable though highly disruptive project of clearing
out badly sourced images there was a real effort to put lots of
safeguards on the deletion project.

This was done unilaterally and he is wheel warring against restoration.