[WikiEN-l] Jeffery O. Gustafson

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sat Jun 2 07:23:25 UTC 2007

Sean William wrote:

>The idea of uploading BJAODN to a Wikia site is a blatant infringement of
>the GFDL. I can see why he would remove a thread condoning it, even if it
>wasn't the best approach.

That sounds like a vote against free speech.  Just because you consider
an act to be a blatant infringement is not enough to make it so   I
regret to shock you with the notion that others may have a different
opinion on the matter.

>I don't know how you can vandalize BJAODN.

By deleting them before you have the support of the community.

>The place is a cesspool of
>unfunny jokes and is essentially the vandal's hall of fame.

I can easily concede that the pages are full of jokes that are not
particularly funny, but that is no reason for censoring them.  I can go
to the local book store and find all sorts of books full of unfunny
jokes, but that would not be enough to convince me that I should picket
the store demanding that they no longer sell such books.

Ec