[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia's a job?

Marc Riddell michaeldavid86 at comcast.net
Sat Jun 2 00:43:08 UTC 2007

on 6/1/07 8:08 PM, Matt R at matt_crypto at yahoo.co.uk wrote:

> Sure, the aim is to write an encyclopedia, and BJAODN perhaps wasn't the
> funniest thing in the universe ever, but I think the project is becoming
> increasingly humourless and bizarre these days.

You are absolutely right, Matt. You're talking about the Culture of WP; that
issue that most everyone who participates in this List seems to want to
avoid dealing with. Hours and hours of talk about 'spoilers', and 'badsites'
and 'passwords', and 'copyrights', and (pick one); but anytime a post comes
along mentioning the very culture we're trying to function in - it is met
with silence. I wonder why?

Marc Riddell

--
"The world is too terrible a place to live in, not because of the bad things
that happen, but because of the good people who stand by and do nothing."

                                                             Albert Einstein