[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia's a job?

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Fri Jun 1 23:12:16 UTC 2007

MacGyverMagic/Mgm wrote:
> But talk page archives retain dates and signatures (and you know where it
> came from so you can peruse the actual page history).
> Some BJAODN content is posted in without any kind of attribution (or
> indication where it came from).
> I can see how someone would want to get rid of that, but it hardly justifies
> deleting every single entry. Some will be GFDL compliant.
> It appears nuance is lost... again.

Indeed. And just to be explcit, I'm not actually suggesting that talk
page archives should be deleted. Just that if one wants to get
absolutist about the GFDL in this way one can make pretty much the same
case for them. The fact that BJAODN entries often have the source
article listed does make them more similar than it seems at first glance.