[WikiEN-l] AutoWikiBrowser on Wine issues - Wine bug open

Daniel Cannon cannon.danielc at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 23:07:10 UTC 2007

On 5/27/07, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/28/07, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> > All the pieces are readily available. There's any number of classes
> > and Perl modules and stuff and nonsense, wikipediafs is just waiting
> > for people to do something useful with it, pywikipedia is robust,
> > api.php exists now.
> >
> > Someone just has to write it ;-)
>
> I'm talking about a local client for communicating with a remote
> mediawiki install. Are you?

Exactly what kind of functionality did you have in mind?

I recently began work on a client app in Java that works something like a
pseudo-ssh shell, allowing you to use vim or whatever editor to edit
MediaWiki pages, along with providing a fairly extensive Java framework that
has (or will have ...) all the functionality of pywiki and a command-line
interface to go with each application. This is my ideal way of doing just
about everything, but I'm not sure if there is any demand for a client like
this; as such, I'd planned on just keeping it to myself and working in
silence. Would this kind of a client be one that you would find helpful?

--
Daniel Cannon (AmiDaniel)

http://amidaniel.com
cannon.danielc at gmail.com