[WikiEN-l] Another "BADSITES" controversy

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Fri Jun 1 13:06:12 UTC 2007

On 1 Jun 2007 at 08:22:30 -0400, jayjg <jayjg99 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I can see the benefit of a discussing the results of a Google search.
> I haven't yet seen the value of linking to WR on an article Talk:
> page, given that none of the information posted there is trustworthy.

The places where links to WR might be on-topic and useful would be
more likely to be places where meta-discussions about Wikipedia
itself are being conducted, regarding its policies, its critics, its
effects on the world, etc.  This would be more often in "Wikipedia:"
project space than in article space or article talk space, with the
exception of a few specialized articles like [[Wikipedia]] and
[[Criticisms of Wikipedia]].

--
== Dan ==