[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia's a job?

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 05:56:01 UTC 2007

On 6/1/07, William Pietri <william at scissor.com> wrote:

> When I saw in my watchlist yesterday that somebody had XfD'd
> [[WP:BJAODN]], I honestly thought it was a bad joke until just now, when
> I bothered to look at the actual details.
>

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Bad_Jokes_and_Other_Deleted_Nonsense
>
> Turns out that somebody just went and deleted most of it, and the XfD is
> just for cleaning up the last bits:

Ugh. When did this happen? And how is it that the vast majority of
votes on that fD are strong keeps, whereas all the actual material
appears to have been already deleted? This doesn't seem right -
perhaps someone can revert the deletion?

Random gem of a find:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Hanger65/Upper_Peninsula_War

Steve