[WikiEN-l] Jimbo on "reliable sources"

William Pietri william at scissor.com
Fri Jun 1 00:41:41 UTC 2007

SonOfYoungwood at aol.com wrote:
> I urge people to encourage the transwiki of cruft. Cruft isn't things  like
> articles on games or the entire cast as a whole; by cruft, I mean  lists of
> weapons, armor, locations, and other stuff that goes into  excessive detail and
> does not have a chance to balance in-universe with  out-of-universe. The Final
> Fantasy WikiProject has been doing it for a  while, and we're moving right
> along. Granted, this is off the topic of "reliable  sources", but it's still a
> good point.

Have you guys summarized this discussion on-wiki somewhere? I'd love to
have that link on file next time I need to tell a well-meaning person
that we have to delete their nicely-formatted, 3-page article on that
cool spaceship that would have appeared in the movie had the scene not
been cut.

Me pointing them in the direction of Wikia is ok, but I'd much rather
they get a detailed explanation from their fellow fans.

William