[WikiEN-l] Oh shit, Slashdot is an attack site!

Matthew Brown morven at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 03:52:24 UTC 2007

On 7/29/07, Daniel R. Tobias <dan at tobias.name> wrote:
> Then why has Slim's entire clique always been so desperate to
> suppress all mention of it?  This seems to have been a primary motive
> of the whole idiotic "attack site link" policy, for instance.

It occurs to me that if one is concerned about remaining anonymous on
Wikipedia, the best way to encourage that is, if someone thinks
they've identified you but is in fact wrong, to protest that
identification very strongly, to appear to be really concerned about
it and try to get it suppressed. That way, everyone will follow the
red herring and not look any further.

(not saying this is necessarily true, but noting that effort to
suppress does not mean the allegation is true).

-Matt