[WikiEN-l] Oh shit, Slashdot is an attack site!

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Sun Jul 29 21:25:24 UTC 2007

On 7/29/07, Daniel R. Tobias <dan at tobias.name> wrote:
> On 27 Jul 2007 at 18:04:37 -0400, Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org> wrote:
>
> > On 7/27/07, SPUI <drspui at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/07/27/1943254 is currently on
> > > the front page, along with the text "It turns out that a Wikipedia
> > > administrator named SlimVirgin is actually Linda Mack..." Looks like
> > > outing to me.
> > >
> > It's only outing if it's true, and apparently it isn't.
>
> Then why has Slim's entire clique always been so desperate to
> suppress all mention of it?  This seems to have been a primary motive
> of the whole idiotic "attack site link" policy, for instance.

Ironically, it's the suppression of all mention of it which is the
only reason I started paying attention to it in the first place.
Until Fred Bauder made some comment about "dem attic" I didn't know
anything about this particular "outing".  Until Thomas Dalton implied
that no suppression was taking place, I figured the whole thing was
just some fringe conspiracy theory.

By the way, I found a copy of some old history dumps on my hard drive.
 Haven't gotten them loaded up yet.  I'm not sure if I should share
the results beyond confirming whether or not there are in fact
oversighted versions of that article.  My interest is in the coverup,
not the identity of SV (barring evidence of the "secret agent" stuff
beyond "Salinger came to believe...").