[WikiEN-l] Self-sensorship, how far should it go?

Oleg Alexandrov mathbot at hemlock.knams.wikimedia.org
Sun Jul 29 15:04:50 UTC 2007

On Sun, Jul 29, 2007 at 01:15:26PM +0000,  Fred Bauder  wrote:

> Generally speaking we don't include stuff that is made up; unless it crosses the notability threshold. This might, but does not seem to yet.

I am not talking about including this in articles. I am talking
about people removing any mention of this from talk pages,
not just the link to the attack site, nothing, nothing at all
containing the words "SlimVirgin" and "news" is allowed to stand.

I understand that such discussion may be off-topic on Wikipedia,
but how far should people go to purge any mention on this from
the site? This is not about notability anymore, not about
protecting the feelings of an editor, it is about some
Wikipedians using the policy of attack sites to censor and delete
any discussions on the topic.