[WikiEN-l] Oh shit, Slashdot is an attack site!

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Sat Jul 28 02:15:31 UTC 2007

On 7/27/07, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I dunno, I think a more likely explanation is that the regular
> > deleting happened first, and the oversight came later.  Also take a
> > look at http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special%3ALog&type=delete&user=&page=User%3ASlimVirgin
> > which happened around the same time period.
>
> What makes you think there was any oversighting?

Here's something:

I counted the number of viewable revisions prior to 19:50, 3 June
2006.  There are 1109, which is equal to the number restored by
Musical Linguist.  If "Musical Linguist deleted the article and
restored all but one revision (or possibly a handful) to remove
personal information (I'm guess that's what PI stands for), and then
the next day Jayjg restored that revision(s) too", then the number of
revisions would be greater than 1109.

So it appears something *was* oversighted.  This doesn't say anything
about what it was, though.