[WikiEN-l] Oh shit, Slashdot is an attack site!

Brock Weller brock.weller at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 22:27:26 UTC 2007

One thing I never see covered by Brandt and co. is even if this is true,
does it matter? Seriously. We have people who have all sorts of jobs working
on the wiki, most of whom know how to leave bias's at the door. Slim's one
of my favorite admin, a little short at times, but incredibly dedicated and
wholly appropriate. Even where I disagree with her (WP:ATT for one) it stems
from a difference of opinion, not me thinking she's evil. Theres not any
real evidence for any of these claims, true, but even if they were, who the
hell cares? The WR crowd always assumes this is some major bombshell.

On 7/27/07, Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org> wrote:

> On 7/27/07, SPUI <drspui at gmail.com> wrote:
> > http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/07/27/1943254 is currently on
> > the front page, along with the text "It turns out that a Wikipedia
> > administrator named SlimVirgin is actually Linda Mack..." Looks like
> > outing to me.
> >
> It's only outing if it's true, and apparently it isn't.

-Brock