[WikiEN-l] Fair use issues; we need serious help

Matthew Brown morven at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 22:17:35 UTC 2007

On 7/25/07, Todd Allen <toddmallen at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't think the answer is always "no, we should never use
> nonfree content under any circumstances" (as some do, and as de seems to
> do alright with)

Actually, from this outsider's perspective, de seems to have people
frequently attempting to bend the rules by including e.g. photos of
toys, fan art, and other ways to have a user-created image that
unfortunately still is a derived work of something copyrighted.  I
know these tend to get deleted sooner or later, but it does show that
it's not without problems.

-Matt